April 3rd, 2018
Trimark’s solutions support all types of utility-scale electric power generators ranging from a 1 Megawatt solar project to large nuclear facilities. Our Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians provide systems and services required by power producers to efficiently operate and to get paid for generating electricity. Trimark is a major player in the “greening of the grid” and supporting the national goal of greenhouse gas reduction. Trimark’s solutions and services are utilized in more than 80% of the generation in California and the company is poised to deliver these same solutions to the rest of America.
Trimark is the leading provider of reliable, utility scale SCADA monitoring and metering solutions for the renewable electric power industry. Our team delivers systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, cybersecurity, certification, ongoing operational management and maintenance.
The Sr. Meter Technician is responsible to train, mentor and provide leadership to the Metering group. The technician will know how to program, test, install, and repair a wide variety of meters, communications devices, and associated circuitry. The technician shall be highly technical in the area of power production, meter programming, and ensuring meter data validity. Work involves frequent contact with clients.
- Review schematic, single-line, and three-line drawings and provide updates to the design and production teams as needed;
- Train meter technicians to install, maintain, repair, replace meters and metering equipment for all types of electric metering installations;
- Specifies tests, maintains and verifies accurate installation of all types of revenue metering equipment;
- Calibrates single-phase and poly-phase self-contained and transformer rated meters, up to and including 480 volt meters;
- Train technicians to wire meter sockets, test switches, transformer rated metering in the field for electric meters. Burden tests current transformer and potential transformer meter circuits;
- Mentor and train technicians to program electronic meters of various manufacturers. Programs electronic power analyzers, generates reports and analyzes technical data to interpret results for customer power quality problems;
- Mentor and train technicians to perform meter reads and record meter readings accurately;
- Records test data, completes service orders, and maintains Meter Shop Database;
- Performs technical computations to mathematically determine watts, vars, power factor quantities and develops diagrams;
- Provide input and guidance to the Safety Committee to ensure all technicians are trained and prepared to perform their job functions in high voltage electrical environments;
- Obtain CAISO Meter Inspector certification status.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of electricity as applied to three-phase power and metering applications;
- Advanced knowledge of the hazards of this type of work and the necessary safety precautions (Lockout/Tagout);
- Ability to use and take accurate measurements with ammeters, volt meters, ohmmeters, and related metering equipment.
- Ability to test and repair single, poly-phase, and CAISO approved meters.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers for programming electronic meters, electronic power analyzers, maintaining records and accessing utility billing information.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the clients and other employees.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Excel and Word;
- Familiarity with various meter manufacturer’s software applications, such as ION Setup, MaxCom, and ComExt.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be detail oriented.
- AA Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering required
- 10 years’ experience in metering theory, programming and testing
- 5+ years’ field experience working on self-contained and transformer rated electronic energy meters.
- Valid driver’s license, travel is required
- Able to lift, carry, pull, push up to 50 pounds. Able to walk; stand; bend; stoop; kneel.
- Works inside and outside with: all types of weather; electricity; hazardous surfaces; ladders; heights; ditches; low lighting.