May 17th, 2017
Founded in 2000, Trimark Associates, Inc. (Trimark) has built a reputation for excellence and integrity in revenue metering, data telemetry, SCADA, control, communications and meter data management (MDMA). Trimark has grown to be an invaluable player in the electric utility markets in California, Texas, Arizona, Hawaii, and Virginia by controlling, metering and monitoring in excess of 30,000 MW of electrical power. Projects deal with various energy sources including solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric, natural gas and nuclear.
This position will be the primary business driver on the continued advancement into electrical systems and microgrid control. The incumbent will focus on the evolving changes in technologies and practices in the industry, such as distributed generation, advanced distribution automation and SCADA, demand management, load control, advanced inverter controls, energy storage controls, etc. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills and experience in the utilities industry is desirable. The incumbent will be required to interact with technical vendors and build relationships with equipment manufacturers.
- 5-10 years progressive responsibility in an engineering firm, electric utility, power generation equipment manufacturer, or similar environment.
- General substation knowledge
- Power System Operation
- Protection relay schemes and settings
- Depict relevant data/alarms in our SCADA systems
- Substation Metering schemes: Line/Transformer Losses, Compensation
- Integrated Capacitor banks and their operation
- Define sequence or algorithm to control Closed loop events
- Plant/Grid Interaction and stability
- Closed loop Real Power Compensation/Curtailment Algorithms
- Closed loop Reactive Power/PF Compensation/Curtailment Algorithms
- Knowledge of Grid stability and experience with their requirements: SCE, PGE
- SCADA experience is highly desired
- Hands-on expertise conducting hardware-in-the-loop and/or field testing and measurement of power electronic systems
- Experience integrating and developing hardware, software, and controls for grid-connected renewable power systems and/or microgrids
- Knowledge of various control schemes (frequency, voltage, VARS, Ride-through, etc.), protection schemes, and regulatory requirements pertaining to grid operations
- Grid simulation studies and test software to ensure our microgrid controls solutions can satisfy grid requirements
- Operational experience of dealing with EMS systems
- Experience in DC-DC or DC-AC converter and controller design, analysis, or testing
- Multi-disciplinary engineering background and interest, including controls, software, hardware, and mechanical systems
- Passion for solving challenges associated with renewable grid integration and smart grid deployment
- Familiarity with utility industry communications protocols (e.g., ModBus, SCADA systems)
- Exposure to applicable renewable and electrical codes and standards (e.g., NEC, UL, CSE)
- Effectively collaborates in a team environment
Education: A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred. Professional Engineering (PE) is preferred.
License: Appointees will be required to possess a valid CA driver’s license. Some travel is required.
Job Location: Folsom, CA
Benefits: We offer Medical and Dental Insurance Coverage, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, 401(k) Plan, Direct Deposit and Training.