May 10th, 2018
Trimark’s solutions support all types of utility-scale electric power generators ranging from a 1 Megawatt solar project to large nuclear facilities. Our Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians provide systems and services required by power producers to efficiently operate and to get paid for generating electricity. Trimark is a major player in the “greening of the grid” and supporting the national goal of greenhouse gas reduction. Trimark’s solutions and services are utilized in more than 80% of the generation in California and the company is poised to deliver these same solutions to the rest of America.
Trimark is the leading provider of reliable, utility scale SCADA monitoring and metering solutions for the renewable electric power industry. Our team delivers systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, cybersecurity, certification, ongoing operational management and maintenance.
Trimark Associates is looking for a SCADA Engineer to join its growing team! This position will work both independently and with the integration team and project managers. Responsible for integrating real-time Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED’s) and computer systems at electric power generation plants, including utility-scale solar power, wind power, hydro-electric, and natural gas. Typical devices include RTUs, PLCs, SCADA systems, Plant Control Systems, Distributed Control Systems (DCS), electric power meters and meteorological (MET) data loggers. The successful candidate will be able to design, install, configure, program and test SCADA systems.
In this position you will gain a high level understanding of complex SCADA and control systems as you work on end-to-end communications networks to exchange data with a variety of devices. You will learn to specify equipment, present designs for review, prepare complex drawings of systems and interfaces as well as configure, test and troubleshoot equipment. Confident interaction with customers will be necessary.
Successful candidate must be able to work independently and/or with a diverse collaborative team including clients. Responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the areas of computer based data processing and networking is required. This includes working with peripheral equipment such as communications lines and both wired and wireless networking equipment. The candidate should have experience in troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware/software problems and electronic equipment installations.
- An understanding of Power Systems is also required as the candidate will often reference Single/Three Line diagrams, complex metering schemes and AC power theory for Distributed or Transmission grids including typical power and energy related data point knowledge.
- The person in this role will not only work on new systems but will also support and maintain existing installations. Thorough factory and site acceptance testing and documentation is required. Training of applicable in house and industry standard devices and applications will be provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Technology
- EIT (passing of FE exam) preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to work a rotating shift at office location, (1PM-10PM) for service desk issues
- Ability to provide on-call weekend support on a rotating schedule (additional compensation provided)
- Working knowledge of electric grid energy management systems or similar for the purpose of SCADA systems used for electric grid monitoring, protection and control.
- Knowledge of DNP3, Modbus, and OPC protocols, and similar control system network protocols required
- High level knowledge of Serial and Ethernet communications preferred
- Prior experience programming or configuring PLCs (ControlLogix, etc.), RTUs (SEL RTAC, etc.), and HMI software (Wonderware, FactoryTalk, etc.) is highly preferred
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be detail oriented.
- Valid driver’s license required, some travel required