June 14th, 2018
Trimark’s solutions support all types of utility-scale electric power generators ranging from a 1 Megawatt solar project to large nuclear facilities. Our Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians provide systems and services required by power producers to efficiently operate and to get paid for generating electricity. Trimark is a major player in the “greening of the grid” and supporting the national goal of greenhouse gas reduction. Trimark’s solutions and services are utilized in more than 80% of the generation in California and the company is poised to deliver these same solutions to the rest of America.
Trimark is the leading provider of reliable, utility scale SCADA monitoring and metering solutions for the renewable electric power industry. Our team delivers systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, cybersecurity, certification, ongoing operational management and maintenance.
The essential responsibilities of the Software Quality Assurance (QA) is to create end-to-end test plans; execute plans and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all objectives are met and that the Trimark software solutions work as expected.
Testing includes functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems. The analyst ensures that every phase and feature of the software solutions are tested and that any potential issues are identified and fixed before the product is deployed into production.
The successful candidate may have a development background. The analyst needs to have excellent writing skills and can work independently and/or with a collaborative team. Responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of quality assurance methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC);
- Testing database applications and web-based enterprise systems;
- Reporting and reproducing software problems;
- Estimate test schedule and report on test progress;
- Define quality standards;
- Author test cases and test steps to produce a repeatable scalable testing plan;
- Elaborate on high-level requirements to discover detailed functionality and user interaction;
- Document requirements and translate into system requirements;
- Be an integral part of software development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years experience performing data and reporting analysis to assist in resolving client issues
- 2 years experience in QA testing
- Strong analytical and advanced Microsoft Excel and Access/SQL skills to create and interpret reports
- Strong analytical and design skills at a multiple product/multiple environment level with high attention to detail
- Critical thinking ability to identify opportunities, streamline and automate data reporting requirements
- Knowledge in web protocols, such as HTTP/HTTPS/FTP
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish working relationships with vendors, clients and co-workers;