April 3rd, 2018
Trimark’s solutions support all types of utility-scale electric power generators ranging from a 1 Megawatt solar project to large nuclear facilities. Our Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians provide systems and services required by power producers to efficiently operate and to get paid for generating electricity. Trimark is a major player in the “greening of the grid” and supporting the national goal of greenhouse gas reduction. Trimark’s solutions and services are utilized in more than 80% of the generation in California and the company is poised to deliver these same solutions to the rest of America.
Trimark is the leading provider of reliable, utility scale SCADA monitoring and metering solutions for the renewable electric power industry. Our team delivers systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, cybersecurity, certification, ongoing operational management and maintenance.
The Senior Business Development Representative will develop and grow new business and drive sales domestically and eventually internationally. Primary interfaces will be with executives and project managers of Utility-Scale Photovoltaic power developers and construction companies. The ideal candidate will ensure business growth by creating and managing business relationships, capturing leads and closing new contracts in alignment with the organizational growth strategy and marketing plan.
An in-depth understanding and demonstrated ability to sell large scale technology and software solutions is required. The ideal candidate will liaise with our clients to understand their business needs, future pipeline and to propose solutions that align with the company’s strategic, technology and operational plans. We are seeking employees who are intellectually curious about how technology supports business goals, have a strong desire to support the greening of the grid and are motivated by interpersonal interactions with a wide variety of stakeholders in the electric utility industry.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals;
- Build and maintain strategic alliances with key businesses partners and clients;
- Identify, develop and sell Trimark’s solutions and services to a wide variety of developers, constructors, and operators of utility-scale, large commercial or industrial renewable power projects;
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring our clients understand the value of our solutions and that we are not the low-cost provider. Convey that quality projects delivered timely have a cost;
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide briefings on developments or trends;
- Maintain and foster an organizational culture of high moral values and build on our industry reputation;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new product and program launches;
- Understand customers current and future business needs and build their confidence in Trimark’s ability to deliver solutions for those needs ;
- Provide feedback to the marketing staff to ensure their collateral and messaging supports the industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must have the ability to supervise and coach other team members in sales of complex engineering and consulting engagements with long project life cycles. Must quickly grasp and retain complex business models and management principles. Must be able to learn and apply new business development tools and technology to research, organize, report on and analyze information.
- Must be technically oriented, have the ability to work collaboratively and should possess a desire to actively listen to clients wants, needs, desires and pain-points then convey those topics to Trimark’s technical and marketing teams. Have a natural ability to engage in business relationships with individuals and groups, and a willingness to improve and exploit your talents to build customer relationships for Trimark. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, shall be energetic and must be a self-starter who can succeed with little direction.
- Have a track record of success penetrating companies where no relationship exists, getting in front of purchasing decision makers and driving change. Proven negotiation skills and an ability to convince clients that our solutions and quality are superior to any of our competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or closely related field required. MBA highly desirable.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in software based technical solutions sales required.
- Regular travel to customer locations for business meetings and to deliver presentations of our solutions and services required.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.