April 4th, 2017
Trimark’s systems and services support regulatory compliance and operational excellence for independent electric power generators ranging from 1 MW solar sites to a 2.3 GW nuclear power plant. Simply put, we provide systems and services that power producers need to get paid for generating electricity and the information our clients need to manage their power production resources.
Trimark Associates is the leading provider of reliable, affordable revenue-grade metering, SCADA, monitoring and reporting solutions for the electric power industry. Our team designs systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, testing, certification, ongoing support and maintenance.
Trimark Associates, Inc. is looking for a dynamic, experienced Sales Account Manager to develop and maintain customer relationships, identify opportunities and provide solutions to meet our client needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical and business knowledge to provide client solutions on hardware (PLCs and Motor Control), Software, networking and SCADA systems. Experienced as a Sales Engineer or in Business Development will help the successful candidate.
This position ensures the business growth by demonstrating an ability to build/establish relationships, develop and execute sales strategies. Liaise with other executives on the implementation of the company’s strategic, technology and operational plans.
Must be able to work independently and or with a collaborative team. Responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Identify, develop and sell electricity products and services to mid-sized and large commercial, industrial and institutional organizations;
- Build strategic alliances with key businesses;
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results;
- Competitor and market analysis, to include trend analysis;
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies;
- Government affairs representative to interact with relevant regulatory bodies to act as a influencer of potential legislation at the state or national level;
- Lead the planning and implementation of new product and program launches;
- Develop and understand customers current and future goals;
- Supporting the marketing staff by ensuring efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning through the Marketing department;
- Develop and manage the Business Development and sales teams in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities;
- Define key performance metrics for program sales and marketing results and lead an effective and cohesive sales team;
- Present a budget for executive approval and prudently manage resources within those budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines;
- Strong group facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Be an integral part of our Sales team.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- 7 + years electric utility industry software sales experience required, electrical contracting or consulting HIGHLY preferred;
- Experience with complex engineering and consulting engagements with long project life cycles;
- Experience working with Government or Military contracts;
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Technically advanced and oriented;
- Customer service oriented and extremely organized also should possess a desire to actively listen to clients wants, needs, desires and pain-points then convey those topics to Trimark’s technical and marketing teams;
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Must have a natural ability to engage in business relationships with individuals and groups, and a willingness to improve and exploit his/her talents to build customer relationships for Trimark;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, shall be energetic and a self-starter;
- A track record of success penetrating companies where no relationship exists, getting in front of purchasing decision makers and driving change;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Must be able to work with little direction and in an autonomous manner including being a self-starter utilizing a proactive approach to achieve results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business / Engineering or closely related field required. MBA highly desirable.
Job Location: This position will cover a territory including Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina and surrounding states.
Benefits: We offer Medical and Dental Insurance Coverage, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, 401(k) Plan and Match, Direct Deposit and Professional Development Training.