May 17th, 2017
Trimark’s systems and services support regulatory compliance for independent electric power generators ranging from a 1 MW solar sites to a 2.3 GW nuclear power plant. Simply put, we provide systems and services that power producers need to get paid for generating electricity and the information CAISO needs to manage the state electric grid.
Trimark Associates is the leading provider of reliable, affordable revenue-grade metering, SCADA, monitoring and reporting solutions for the electric power industry. Our team designs systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, testing, certification, ongoing support and maintenance.
Trimark is looking for a dynamic Senior Data Analyst. If you like to combine data analytic skills with business acumen to provide reporting and actionable insight into business decisions for managers and clients, this is the position for you!
This is not an engineering role, although an understanding of coding is needed from time to time. Rather, this role is going to utilize all of your analytical and data reporting experience. You will provide support to external data services customers ranging from real-time data monitoring for SCADA / RIG systems to Settlement Quality Meter Data (SQMD) for meter data management.
The Data Analyst collects, reviews and validates metered entities, develops and maintains SSRS reports for performance analysis and performs SQL database tasks consistent with the operational requirements of Data Services. The ideal candidate will have prior data analysis experience specifically in an energy environment.
Things you will do:
- Collect, review, analyze and interpret data ensuring the integrity, reliability and accuracy of the data points provided by SCADA / RIG systems or metered entities;
- Utilize statistical applications and VEE techniques for interpreting and/or estimating data;
- Understand comparative data trends and integrate benchmark data into analysis and reports;
- Translate requirements into data specifications into MV-90 system, as well as other formats as applicable;
- Create and maintain SQL databases tables/indexes/triggers, stored procedures, scheduled jobs;
- Develop, test and debug SQL Server queries, procedures and jobs related to database requirements for Data Services operations, as well as ongoing projects;
- Develop and maintain SSRS reports based on customer requirements for normalized data presentation, forecasting, financial projections, invoicing and/or billing;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of subject matter expertise (SME) for related Data Services programs within the energy industry, such as: CSI, WREGIS and SGIP;
- Provide internal support to other departments for data services requests that require troubleshooting, SME, or planning of data services processes on a per project basis;
- Provide the highest standard of customer service by administering technical assistance or SME through the Customer Care service ticketing system.
Experience you have:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Data Analysis;
- 2+ years’ experience with advanced level SQL queries, cubes, jobs, procedures and SSRS integration;
- 2+ years’ experience with complex statistical analysis, modeling and programs;
- 2+ years’ experience with real-time data management from the utilities or finance industries;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, SSRS reporting/analysis tools, database schema design, data warehousing, and query optimization;
- Demonstrated experience manipulating and interpreting large datasets;
- Exposure to metering, construction, SCADA or software implementation;
- Ability to express technical concepts in a non-technical manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
Education: A Bachelor Degree is highly recommended for this role.
Job Location: Folsom, CA
Benefits: We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, 401(k) Plan, Direct Deposit and Training.