NEC Announces Trimark Associates as a Qualified Distributed Energy Storage Partner in the U.S.
NEC Energy Solutions (NEC ES), a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, is pleased to announce Trimark Associates as a Qualified DSS® Partner in the U.S. Trimark is a leading provider of measurement, SCADA and communications solutions for the electric power industry. As a Qualified DSS® Partner, Trimark will act as a reseller and independent contractor for the installation, operation and maintenance of DSS® energy storage systems to deliver comprehensive energy storage and advanced power management solutions.
Using Trimark’s comprehensive management and control solution, the systems will simplify business, operational and compliance efforts when synchronizing energy storage resources with other forms of electric power generation. Resource owners and operators would then benefit from advanced control and real-time monitoring across power generation ecosystems that pair energy storage with solar, wind, or other generation in microgrid environments.
“We are very excited to name Trimark as a Qualified DSS® Partner in the US,” said Phil Fisher, NEC Energy Solutions Director of Business Development for the DSS® Distributed Storage Solution. “Combining our DSS® Distributed Storage system with Trimark’s world leading power management solution is the perfect marriage of technologies enabling customers to maximize revenue, meet compliance requirements, optimize operations, and manage asset lifecycles.”
“The entire Trimark team is proud of the opportunity to work on delivering state-of-the-art energy storage as found in the NEC DSS® product line,” said Mark Morosky, Trimark President and CEO. “Integrating the DSS storage system with the Trimark Vantage™ control platform will result in resiliency and cost savings for a wide range of applications including Utility, Microgrid, Commercial and Industrial customers.”
The DSS® energy storage platform is optimized to support advanced service creation at the grid edge for C&I enterprises and distribution utilities. It simplifies the deployment of emerging storage-based services for C&I enterprises that optimize energy costs and increase energy resiliency, while distribution utilities benefit from smoother intermittent distributed renewable generation and shaved peak demand profiles.
Trimark’s T1-S SCADA is a comprehensive management and control solution that owners and operators can use to monitor generation, charge and discharge events; track power characteristics at the point of interconnection; trend asset performance for predictive maintenance; and automatically produce and distribute scheduled reports.
The combination of NEC’s DSS® energy storage platform and Trimark’s T1-S SCADA lets resource owners:
- Maximize revenue by capturing energy from generation that would otherwise be lost due to curtailment. Retained power can then be delivered to the grid during peak use periods or when the grid is not saturated with renewable power.
- Firm power delivery by smoothing peaks and valleys in generation inherent to intermittent Photovoltaic (PV) and wind resources.
- Support microgrid deployments with a unified solution to energy storage and generation control.
- Participate in energy markets by providing fast-ramping power, voltage regulation, reactive power and other services.
- Add ancillary service revenue by accepting, authenticating and automatically responding to secure commands from authorized third parties such as ISOs or Utilities. Trimark’s T1-S SCADA integrates with Automated Dispatch Systems (ADS) or Automated Generation Controls (AGC).
- Meet ISO and utility requirements for revenue metering and secure data telemetry.
- Meet NERC CIP requirements for energy resource security.
About NEC Energy Solutions
NEC Energy Solutions designs, manufactures, and integrates smart energy storage solutions for the electric grid, behind the meter, and critical power applications. Its scalable distributed energy storage and control systems provide greater grid stability and flexibility to the benefit of both providers and users of electricity. In telecom, datacenter, and other industrial applications, its high performance lithium-ion battery systems provide better value than traditional lead-acid batteries in tough, critical power applications. Learn more at http://www.neces.com.