Trimark Data Gateway (TDG) is an environmentally hardened, industrial computer that provides connectivity and communications to connect intelligent field devices, such as inverters, RTUs, revenue meters, and meteorological stations with the Trimark SCADA system. TDG eliminates the need for separate, single purpose devices for data telemetry and data logging. It is built from rugged components to ensure reliability in extreme weather.
TDG delivers secure data telemetry and connectivity between enterprise controls and intelligent field devices.
Trimark Data Gateway Delivers Secure Data Telemetry
Trimark developed the TDG software to address an electric utility’s unique requirements. Essentially a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Trimark’s Gateway:
- Delivers secure, bi-directional data telemetry
- Captures real-time equipment status from meters, plant controllers (RTUs), turbines, PV inverters and MET stations
- Provides I/O and communications to field devices
- Leverages industry-standard communication protocols including DNP 3.0, Modbus, and OPC
- Supports Automatic Generation Control (AGC)
- Supports NERC CIP compliance
- Indicates when devices lose connectivity via port alarms
- Provides flexibility to scale from 21 to more than 150 data points
- Provides multi-site aggregation for co-located resources