To support energy reliability, security, and independence, Trimark's Microgrid Control (MGC) solution unifies management of generation resources, loads, and protective equipment. Trimark's solution maintains equilibrium by continuously monitoring the state of the grid and coordinating commands across appropriate subsystems to accomplish your desired microgrid strategy - safely, automatically, and effectively.
Unify Management of Generation Resources, Loads, and Protective Equipment
A microgrid or hybrid power grid is a localized power grid that can operate both independent from, and connected to, the utility electric grid. A microgrid supports secure electric power supply strategies required to operate critical infrastructure within a defined area, such as a campus or military base. Microgrids may include multiple static and variable generation sources and energy storage; loads with varying criticality and a variety of grid-related sensors, meters, and safety equipment.
Coordinating the disparate elements within a microgrid toward a specific energy management objectives is a challenge – particularly when transitioning to islanded mode and while reconnecting to the utility grid. Microgrid operators require status on resource and load, real-time electrical conditions throughout the microgrid, and precise frequency at the Point of Common Coupling (PCC) with the utility electrical grid.
Whether for steady-state operation or managing mode transitions, operators need automation to coordinate all of the sub-second responses and actions associated with safely disconnecting, shedding load, starting up resources, and discharging storage – all while maintaining appropriate voltage, frequency, and power factor.
Trimark’s Microgrid Control Solution for Energy Reliability
To support energy reliability, security, and independence, Trimark’s Microgrid Control (MGC) solution unifies management of generation resources, loads, and protective equipment. Trimark’s Microgrid Control solution maintains equilibrium by continuously monitoring the state of the grid and coordinating commands across appropriate subsystems to accomplish your desired microgrid strategy – safely, automatically, and effectively.
Trimark’s Microgrid Control solution provides the master-level control you need to attain your energy security objectives – safely, automatically, and effectively.
Trimark’s Microgrid Control Solution Features and Benefits
- Unify operational control strategies over all microgrid components
- Monitor and respond to grid events such as disruption of power supply, change in conditions, or a spike in energy prices
- Automate commands to:
- Connect to/disconnect from utility grid
- Shed load based on criticality
- Increase power from dispatchable generation resources
- Charge/discharge energy storage resource
- Coordinate protective equipment operation
- Manage synchronization of the microgrid with the utility grid
- Monitor and coordinate subordinate controllers
- Support IEEE 1547.4 standards for electric grid safety
Trimark’s Microgrid Control Solution
- Supports energy reliability, security, and independence
- Unifies operational control over all microgrid components
- Monitors the status of microgrid and utility grids
- Manages synchronization with the utility grid